Read Time:1 Minute, 15 Second
Lemon Posset & Pine Needle Shortbread
- 300 ml double cream
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 large lemons zest and juice only
Pine Needle Shortbread
- preheat oven to 175°C
- 75 g fresh pine needles and/or tips –Douglas Fir or Scots Pine
- 150 g unsalted butter softened
- 75 g granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 300 g plain flour
- Place the double cream and the sugar into a large pan over a low heat and bring to the boil slowly. Boil for three minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk well.
- Pour the lemon cream mixture into 6 small glasses and refrigerate for three hours.
- Finely chop the pine needles in a food processor or coffee grinder. Remove any large pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the pine needles, butter, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour, mixing thoroughly after each addition to form a buttery ball of dough.
- Divide the dough between 2 large sheets of wax or grease proof paper. Using the paper as an aid, roll each piece of dough into a 1.5-inch diameter sausage shape. Wrap in cling film and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- To bake, place the cookies 1 inch apart on baking paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.